Terms and Conditions for Private Sellers
By applying for a site an exhibitor is deemed to have read and accepts the terms and conditions set out below.
- Please use either Brucefield Ave gate near Netherby School (preferred entry) or the Seafield Rd entrance (between Ashburton Cemetery and Vetlife corner) after turning off SH1 at north end of town. Temporary signage will assist. Entry for private sellers is available from 9am Friday 28th February.
- All precautions must be taken at all times to ensure public safety. Each site holder must take into commonsense aspects of Health and Safety. i.e. pegs for awnings well marked, doors latched, hand-brake on.
- Exhibitors of private motorhomes for sale must ensure that it is fully secured so as to be incapable of injuring spectators while on display.
- All private sellers will be liable for any incident or accident causing injury during the selling days. The South Island Motorhome Show will not be responsible for any claim.
- All incidents or accidents need to be reported to the organiser’s office.
- The delivery of private sale must be completed by 9.00am on Saturday 29th February 2020.
- No private seller’s vehicles may be removed from sites before 4.00pm on Sunday 1st March 2020. If there are special circumstances that demand the vehicle leaving the site during the event public time (9 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.), please contact the administrator in the office.
- Additional vehicles around trade and market sites will not be permitted unless they are being displayed on the purchased site. Site holder’s extra motor vehicles will be directed to allocated parking areas.
- There will be no vehicle access to private seller sites after 10.00am on Saturday 29th February, during the event, and before 4.00pm either day. If goods are to be delivered to sites during the event then the administrator must be contacted and they will assist in delivery to sites.
- Ideally all sites should be manned for the full two days of the event, starting from 10 a.m. on Saturday 29th February. If you need to leave your site, ideally have a cell phone contact number & first name displayed.
- All sites must be left in the condition in which they are found. It is the responsibility of the site holder to clear ALL rubbish, pegs from their site.
- All sites are to be cleared by 12 noon on Monday 2nd March 2020.
- Each exhibitor must keep signage, rope/pegs etc. within their allocated site boundaries.
- Site holders are responsible to ensure that all vehicles, equipment and exhibits are secure while not manned. The South Island Motor Home Extravaganza shall not be liable for loss of or damage to an exhibitor’s property whilst on the show grounds.
- No power sites are available.
- Site holders must not sublet sites in any shape or form.
- Sellers MUST have a fire extinguisher available on their site.
- NO COMMERCIAL OR INDIVIDUAL TRADERS are permitted to use the Private Seller sites.
- No selling of accessories or goods, other than your motor home, is permitted on Private Seller sites.
- The organisers of the South Island Motor Home Extravaganza will provide a limited number of small 3 x 3m and smaller ‘table’ market sites for Private Sellers & Social Campers for selling small items associated with mobile homes & the outdoors.
- Any private seller using their mobile home overnight must have a Certificate of Self Containment.
Exhibitors cancelling their site without consultation with the convener or failing to appear at the event on the day, are not eligible for any refunds.