Terms and Conditions for Private Sellers
By applying for a site an exhibitor is deemed to have read and accepts the terms and conditions set out below.
- Please use either Brucefield Ave gate near Ashburton Netherby School (preferred entry) or the Seafield Road entrance (between Ashburton cemetery and Vetlife corner) after turning off SH1 at north end of town. Temporary signage will assist. Entry for private sellers is available from 9 a.m. on the Friday preceeding the event.
- All precautions must be taken at all times to ensure public safety. Each site holder must take into commonsense aspects of Health and Safety. i.e. pegs for awnings well marked, doors latched, hand-brake on.
- Vaccine Passes are required for all event attendees and must be produced on request.
- No Private Seller caravan or motorhome is permitted to extend beyond the marked lines of their site. The organisers of the South Island Motorhome reserve the right to shift you to another area.
- Exhibitors of private motorhomes for sale must ensure that it is fully secured so as to be incapable of injuring spectators while on display.
- All private sellers will be liable for any incident or accident (on their site) causing injury during the selling days. The South Island Motorhome Show will not be responsible for any claim.
- All incidents or accidents need to be reported to the organiser’s office.
- The delivery of private sale vehicles must be completed by 10.00am on the Saturday of the event.
- No private seller’s vehicles may be removed from sites before 3.00pm on the Sunday of the event. If there are special circumstances that demand the vehicle leaving the site during the event’s public time (9 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.), please contact the administrator in the office.
- Additional vehicles around trade and market sites will not be permitted unless they are being displayed on the purchased site. These must fit within the marked area of the site requested. Site holder’s extra motor vehicles will be directed to allocated parking areas.
- There will be no vehicle access to private seller sites after 10.00am on the Saturday of the event, during the event, and before 4.00pm. If goods are to be delivered to sites during the event, the administrator must be contacted and they will assist in delivery to sites.
- Ideally all sites should be manned for the full two days of the event, starting from 9 a.m. on the Saturday of the event. If you need to leave your site, ideally have a cell phone contact number & first name displayed.
- Dogs: Private sellers are not encouraged to have dogs on their site. Should you have a pet dog please be responsible for its droppings and noise as well to ensure it is secure at all times In consideration of neighbouring vendors. A complaint about an Irresponsible dog owner may result in a seller being asked to leave the Private Sellers area.
- All sites must be left in the condition in which they are found. It is the responsibility of the site holder to clear ALL rubbish, pegs from their site.
- All sites are to be cleared by 10.00 noon on the first Monday following the event.
- Each exhibitor must keep signage, rope/pegs etc. within their allocated site boundaries.
- Site holders are responsible to ensure that all vehicles, equipment and exhibits are secure while not manned. The South Island Motor Home Show shall not be liable for loss of or damage to an exhibitor’s property whilst on the show grounds.
- No power sites are available.
- Site holders must not sublet sites in any shape or form.
- Sellers MUST have a fire extinguisher available on their site.
- NO COMMERCIAL OR INDIVIDUAL TRADERS are permitted to use the Private Seller sites.
- No selling of accessories or goods, other than your motor home, is permitted on Private Seller sites.
- The organisers of the South Island Motor Home Show will provide a limited number of small 3 x 3m ‘table’ market sites for Private Sellers & Social Campers for selling small items associated with mobile homes & the outdoors. Please report to the Trade Site convenor.
- Any private seller using their mobile home overnight must have a current Certificate of Self Containment.
- All water taps on site at the Ashburton A & P Show are not for filling motorhome or caravan water tanks.
Exhibitors cancelling their site, after 5 p.m. on the Friday immediately preceding the event without consultation with the convener or failing to appear on the public days of the event, are not eligible for any refund.