Terms and Conditions for Trade Site Holders
By applying for a site an exhibitor is deemed to have read and accepts the terms and conditions set out below.
- All precautions must be taken at all times to ensure public safety. Each site holder must be familiar with, and comply with, the provisions of the Health and Safety in Employment Act 2016 and any other act of Parliament, Regulations or Bylaws.
- Exhibitors of machinery and mechanical equipment of any description must ensure that it is fully guarded so as to be incapable of injuring spectators while on display.
- Vaccine Passes are required for all event attendees and must be produced on request.
- All site holders MUST HAVE PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE COVER FOR THE DURATION OF THE SHOW. The South Island Motorhome Show will not be responsible for any claim.
- The delivery of equipment and erection of displays must be completed by 9.00am on the Saturday of the event.
- Nothing may be removed from sites before 3.00pm on the Sunday of the event. No access will be allowed to sites before this unless the MHS Convener agrees to an exception.
- Vehicles around trade and market sites will not be permitted unless they are part of, and on the trade site. Site holder’s extra vehicles will be directed to allocated parking areas.
- There will be no vehicle access to sites after 9.00am on the Saturday of the event, during the event, and before 3.00 pm either day. If goods are to be delivered to sites during the event then the grounds committee (based at the event office) must be contacted and they will assist in delivery to sites.
- All sites must be manned for the full two days of the event, starting from 9 a.m. on the Saturday and 10 a.m. on the Sunday, unless there is an exemption granted by the MHS Convener.
- All sites must be left in the condition in which they are found. If sawdust, bark or woodchip is to be placed on the ground, a tarpaulin or cover MUST be provided to protect the grass. It is the responsibility of the site holder to clear ALL sawdust, bark, woodchips etc. from their site. Any holes dug must be back filled and compacted with topsoil free of stones.
- All sites are to be cleared by 12 noon on the first Monday following the event unless prior approval is sought from the site office, not later than 3 p.m. on the Sunday of the event.
- Each exhibitor must keep all display equipment, signs, marquee rope/pegs etc. within their allocated site boundaries.
- Site holders are responsible to ensure that all vehicles, equipment and exhibits are secure while not manned. The South Island Motorhome Show shall not be liable for loss of or damage to an exhibitor’s property whilst on the show grounds (Please refer to the NOTE below).
NOTE: The Ashburton District is subject to extreme wind conditions from time to time. It is up to exhibitors / traders to ensure marquees and/or gazebos are well anchored at all times.
- Site holders requesting power are required to connect to the electricity using a residual current device (RCD). Site holders are required to bring their own power cords, RCD units and multi-boxes. (Power sites are limited – only available to NZMCA service area, Food area & office).
- Site holders must not sublet sites. Food or beverages are not to be sold on trade or market sites.
- Exhibitors MUST have a fire extinguisher available on their site.
Exhibitors cancelling their site at late notice or failing to appear at the show are not eligible for any refunds.